Re: [LAU] [OT]: Multiple windows paradigm - [WAS]: Re: A > Project To Upgrade seq24

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 21 2015 - 22:23:05 EET

On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 20:12:26 +0000
John Murphy <rosegardener@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 19:41:08 +0000, Will J Godfrey wrote:
>
> > Just really underlines that the choice is needed. Nobody should be pressurised
> > into using something that isn't right for them.
>
> Large snip there, but I just want to mention that I was always disappointed
> by the ZynAddSubFX GUI in that regard. Its fixed window size was always too
> small to be useful to me. I don't use Linux music tools much these days, but
> I fired Zyn.. up on my current high res. desktop and it takes up just 1/16th
> of the available workspace.
>
> A project to update that would be good as well.

Many moons ago I heard about a project for placing a 'frame' over a window that
could then be resized and would act like a magnifier, also rescaling mouse
moves, but passing them on. I never found out what happened to it. I think it
was about the time when compositors were new and exciting.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk