Re: [LAU] now online: video recording of Louigi Verona @ Open Source Audio Meeting Cologne in November 2015

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 22 2015 - 01:28:10 EET

Yes, I am now learning Blender, there are really good tutorials on YouTube
which show how to use it:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjyuVPBuorqIhlqZtoIvnAVQ3x18sNev4

I've already made several videos and, to be honest, I am really enjoying
the experience. No crashes, of course. Very stable. Once you get the
keybindings down - it is really quick to put together a simple video with
fade in and outs, some cuts.

Of course, it has a lot of features, you can do animation, etc. But perhaps
not too fancy - like I am not sure you could do some big cinematic effects.
But should work for a decent video blog, for example. I will try doing
things with it and update you.

Notice, btw, that Blender was a commercial product initially. And it has
full-time developers today. No magic. Just hard professional work.

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> > Am 20.12.2015 um 10:54 schrieb Hanspeter Portner <
> dev@email-addr-hidden-music-kontrollers.ch>:
> > [...] Blender [1] (yes, it is also a video editor, and a
> > fine one, too). It has not been mentioned by anybody in the after-talk
> > discussions, so i figured I'll mention it here.
>
> The topic of video editors came up a few times already at your meetings.
> Last year I was looking for a software to do a short music video and
> Blender was recommended by on of the participants.
>
> I tried it and it was up to the job, even though I had very limited time
> and had to learn Blender while cutting the video at the same time within
> two days. But it involved quite a bit of head scratching. It certainly has
> the "make complex things possible" part down, but the "make simple things
> simple" part isn't really there.
>
> One thing I was missing at the time, which was added only quite recently:
> adding simple 2d scrolling text overlays for titles and credits, without
> the need to set up a a 3d text object, camera and lightning.
>

> Chris

Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.com/