Re: [LAU] CPUs for low latency

From: Jonathan E. Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 24 2015 - 01:28:42 EET

>> With my old P4 (single core) HT restricted my AI to 64/2
>> with the ocasional xrun, HT off would allow solid 16/2 performance. My
>> new i5 does not have HT, so I am not able to compare.
> +1 for testing + measuring.
>

> Anyway. In most cases the CPU is not the limiting factor. In the vast
> majority of cases some power-saving (bus-freq, southbridge, SMI) or
> weird graphics-cards, wifi, etc and/or their drivers are orders of
> magnitude more limiting.
>
> 2c,
> robin

And then there's design efforts like the Liquorix project; and also
CPU-optimized kernels. I have recently been compiling CPU-optimized
versions of Liquorix kernels...yum :-)

--
Jonathan E. Brickman   jeb@email-addr-hidden   (785)233-9977
Hear us at http://ponderworthy.com -- CDs and MP3 now available!