[LAU] Music made on Linux: "Restless" (electronic pop)

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 01 2016 - 00:31:20 EET

Hi all,

here's a little cheery tune I just finished, which I recorded with a
hardware digital recorder and then arranged and mixed on Linux.

https://soundcloud.com/spotlightkid/restless

All sounds are from a little hardware synth, the Mutable Instruments
Shruthi-1, which is a digital-analog hybrid monophonic desktop synth
module. I used the version with the "4 Pole Mission" filter board and,
for one sound, one with a SSM2044 filter.

On the software side, only some is Open Source. My main DAW is Tracktion
6, which is proprietary but runs natively on Linux. In this track,
besides the usual mixing, editing and automation features, I used its
built-in sampler an its great step sequencer clip feature for the drum
programming. Open Source software used was Calf vintage delay,
zita-reverb, ZamComp and Carla.

Share & Enjoy!

Chris