Re: [LAU] KXstudio 2016

From: David Jones <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 01 2016 - 01:26:22 EET

On Jan 31, 2016 08:52, Alf Haakon Lund wrote:

> Hi lists,
>
> I've been using Ubuntu Studio for a while now, lately with the KX repos added.
> Then I had to take my regular computer to service and since anyway I must fool
> around with a backup device I decided to give KXstudio a spin (also because
> I'm curious about KDE).
>
> Apart from obvious theme and software differences, it seems that KX ships
> without a default (automatic) software updater / manager. Is that a feature or
> a glitch? Any reason not to install Muon?

The ONLY Linux distro I've ever used that had any kind of automatic software updater is Ubuntu. Do others?

And I really consider such a thing something to avoid. Have had too many updates "update" a working setup to a non-working setup.

KDE is a resource-heavy desktop. I'd rather have my processor and memory free of such a load.

David W. Jones
gnome@email-addr-hidden
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com