Re: [LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ?

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 14 2016 - 23:26:48 EET

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 17:18:27 -0800 (PST)
Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Feb 2016, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:

>> I will have to look into this a bit further since I have to compile
>> jackd from upstream. The current one in this system prevents Ardour
>> from exporting audio.

> do you have anything connected to the hw io while trying to export?
> the PA-jack bridge has been reported to cause trouble there. see if:
> pactl unload-module module-jackdbus-detect
> from a command line makes export work. Ardour's HW should correct
> themselves don't worry about thoses conenctions to hw.

Not sure what you mean by anything connected to the hw io.

Robin Gareus has identified the bug and said that it is currently fixed
(since quite some time at that). It is a race condition of some sort.

> If you do build your own jackd, make sure to fully remove the
> installed version :)

Would be nice to be able to run it from the compile directory before
doign a make install. Although I start to have the impression that this
is no regular service. For instance, where could the parameters to
launch jackd be stored ? They do not seem to be in /etc/. Currently
qjacktl shows 128 for buffer size but jackd is launched at boot using
-p 256.