Re: [LAU] Updated to kernel 4.4.1, missing module snd_ice1712 -> no more envy24 support?

From: Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 17 2016 - 05:27:01 EET

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi Niels.
> Sounds disturbing.
> I would be completely lost without this driver.

Note that 4.3.5 is considered a kernel.org "stable" release and works fine
with Skylake and Envy24. I'm using it now.
For a more detailed characterization of which Ubuntu kernels are missing
Envy24 support see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1534647/comments/15
Also, latest news:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1534647/comments/16

> Just wanted to mention at some point we might want to
> move the mudita24 project, that we both worked on,
> from google code to gihub.

Yes, moving the project to github has been on my todo-list, and you just
prompted me to do it.

https://github.com/NielsMayer/mudita24/

I haven't customized it or added anybody to the project yet, so let me know
what you need and your github credentials.

But it seems that it has already been moved to OpenHub?

Note the openhub listing is just a pointer to the existing google-code
project. E.g. they list the
source as http://mudita24.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mudita24 (TODO, send an
email to google telling them to redirect mudita24 once things are well
settled).

Feel free to update them on the new project location.

Likewise for any other distros having mudita24.

I've already notified Ubuntu of the new upstream, and seem to have assigned
myself to be package maintainter for it in the process.
https://launchpad.net/mudita24
https://code.launchpad.net/~nielsmayer/mudita24/trunk

If anybody has any hints of what I'm supposed to do as Ubuntu maintainer of
mudita24, let me know! :-)
https://launchpad.net/mudita24/+announcement/13864

-- Niels
http://www.nielsmayer.com