Re: [LAU] Jconvolver on Raspberry Pi

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 18 2016 - 01:26:45 EET

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 02:24:57PM -0700, bricolodu wrote:

> and the procedure is now :
> 1/ start jack2 : jackd -d alsa -r 44100 -p 256 -n 16 -P -S exact ?
> 2/ start jconvolver : jconvolver filter-44100.conf
>
> I get sound, and it is convoluted

I don't think it is...

Sorry, I made a mistake: you need to connect the *outputs*
of jconvolver to the soundcard, i.e. add the soundcard
ports to the /output/name lines.

> 3/ Start squeezelite : squeezelite-arm -o jack

This will probably connect directly to the soundcard,
not to jconvolver. So you get sound, but without the
convolution.

What you can do is:

Add the connections from squeezelite to jconvolver to
the config file (on the /input/name lines). Then

   - start squeezelite,
   - disconnect it from the soundcard using jack_disconnect
     with the correct port names,
   - start jconvolver, this will make all connections.

This assumes that squeezelite does not need to be
restarted for each track.

--
FA