Re: [LAU] Is there a GUI for convolver?

From: Hermann Meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Sat Feb 20 2016 - 10:58:05 EET

Am 20.02.2016 um 09:24 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:54:40 +0100, Hermann Meyer wrote:
>> (Ralf, you may try the ttf-roboto font, it is chosen because it shrink
>> the GUI size ;-) )
> Hi Hermann,
>
> there is a reason that I chose a theme and fonts and dislike apps that
> force me to use another theme and other fonts, for no good reason,
> especially if the enforced theme has an inefficient and intrusive
> design.
>
> Let's take a look at a single element, e.g. the "Moog Filter". Any ideas
> how to use the space more efficiently?
>
> Picture URL:
> http://picpaste.com/e8c02fb50aef7cbc4cf98b16f9332128.png
>
> IMO the font seems not to be the problem here.
>
> Even if an inefficient GUI design should be wanted, there still is the
> option to add a scroll bar, or simply to allow to use one rack
> instead to enforce two use two racks side by side.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Your picture is a result from your "hate" against our style, don't use
the clear option with our git version, it ain't work any-more, in fact,
it is removed. The only result you get from using the artefacts which
leaves on you pc, because you didn't clean up before update from git,
is, that our style files ain't get loaded.
Here is a picture which show how we "design" it. Just note, the Moog
Filter isn't re-designed (for now, there is a reason that there is no
release with the new UI design) to the new style, so it is a bad example.
http://de.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35k1wtf&s=9#.VsglQF9lSPA

However, you can see that the wide of the Rack is given by the EQ plugin
above.
You say, you would prefer a scroll bar for the wide, but, have you ever
write a GUI?
Any action have influence to other actions, and believe me, for the
guitarix rack, it isn't sufficient to use a scrollbar for the wide.

You are absolutely not forced to use two racks side by side, that is a
option for those who use wide screen monitors and prefer it this way.
Standard is a single rack. The option could be chose from menu, or from
the buttons above the rack.

And, well, there is a reason that you chose a theme and a font, the very
same is true for the guitarix app.
As a developer, I've the freedom to do so, and, 99% of the guitarix
users love it.
I know, we cant make it sufficient for all, that's a pity, but that the
way it is. When we didn't "design" our app, others may say that it is
"ugly" (well, including me).

Maybe, the webui fits more your eyes?
  http://de.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5oxbnl&s=9#.VsgpgV9lSPA

  http://de.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jtnfvb&s=9#.VsgpmV9lSPA