Re: [LAU] JACK freewheel mode: disadvantages?

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 02 2016 - 01:37:13 EET

On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 20:59:26 -0500
Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> It used by (e.g.) Ardour for exporting (when Ardour is using JACK
> anyway; Ardour's other backends have a similar concept built in).

Since I would (still) have to compile jackd from upstream in order to
get the fix related a race condition when exporting with Ardour, can
Ardour be switched from using jackd to ALSA for a session, just the
time to do the export and then switched back ? And in doing so, is
there any drawback in doing the export with ALSA ?

Thanks.