Re: [LAU] Building an Open Source keyboard rig

From: Ben Bell <bjb-linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2016 - 22:07:57 EET

On Fri, Mar 04, 2016 at 10:24:52AM +0100, Atte wrote:
> > Let your imagination run wild... how would *you* build a Tux Stage 2 EX?
> I've done this in the past. Main challenge is to stear clear of any
> software that's not rock steady.
Yes, that's important.

> However (this might not be what you want to hear) recently I settled for
> a Korg M50 for most of my dull, keyboard based gigs, sometimes enhanced
> with a cheap Yamaha digital piano (if it's more piano oriented). Any
It's good advice, but it's sort of the other direction from where I'm going
at the moemnt. My current live rig's already quite extensive (Hammond XK3c,
Yamaha P90, original Nord Stage Compact, Prophet 08 rack and a couple of
other old and special S&S racks). I'm really trying to figure out how to
upgrade and consolidate at the same time.

Replacing both the P90 and Nord Stage Compact with a Nord Stage 2 EX is
probably the sensible choice, but the hacker in me is railing against it and
trying to figure out whether there's a way to do something a bit different.

bjb