Re: [LAU] Building an Open Source keyboard rig

From: Ben Bell <bjb-linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 05 2016 - 14:20:27 EET

On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 12:35:59PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>Did you actually read what the guys are saying?
> What exactly did I misunderstand?
Pretty much the whole thread as far as I can tell, but it's cool ;) Let's not
waste list bandwidth on me repeating myself and you repeating yourself. Your
views are perfectly valid, they're just a different topic to the one I was
hoping to hear people's thoughts on, which is "How would you go about it?"
not "Why shouldn't I attempt it?"

> I only want to point out, that the OP should take a pause for breath and
> reconsider, if an emotional, idialistic, euphoric feeling should be the
Huh? No, probably not, but neither is that where I'm coming from.

But OK, done. Paused. Breathed. Considered.

I'm now quite happy to continue exploring the stuff I was asking about with
people who are interested :)

Currently I'm thinking of grabbing a Zotac Intel N3050 and one of the couple
of 4 channel USB + MIDI USB interfaces mentioned and seeing whether I can
replace my ailing Classic Keys module, which only gets used for mellotron
sounds.

Len: the USB keyboard definitely wins for cheap and simple, but I think I'm
more likely to use something like a NanoKontrol or build something custom
on the back of an Arduino.

bjb