Re: [LAU] DIY Moog kit

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Apr 15 2016 - 19:59:50 EEST

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 18:30:01 +0200, Atte wrote:
>[snip] I (as mentioned some time ago) started building a eurorack
>modular synthesizer [snip]

I wonder what Doepfer is using nowadays. In the past the base was CEM
(Curtis), yes, even Moog alike synth sounds were based on CEM
(Curtis), by Doepfer's DIY in the eighties. IIRC the only thing that
wasn't authentic compared with Moog was, that Doepfer tuning was stable
and Moog tuning wasn't stable, however, that time there already were
advanced Oberheim's available. IMOH, I own a Matrix-1000 and I made
music with an owner of Wersi and Doepfer DIY snyth, my I PADs Oberheim
emulation can't compare to a real Oberheim with CEM (Curtis) and all
the Moogs I ever used were not better than a Doepfer or Oberheim.