Re: [LAU] ZynAddSubFX Usability Survey

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 29 2016 - 00:52:58 EEST

Am 28.04.2016 um 21:06 schrieb Thorsten Wilms:
> I do not see anything that would guide a user regarding the overall
> structure of Zyn, it's all trees, no forest.

I wouldn't be so negative as Thorsten, I think it's definitely an
improvement over the old GUI, but I too think that it doesn't really
address the real issue of a too cluttered interface. There are just too
many settings and parameters and there is no real help from the
interface in breaking it down into managable sections. Looking at the
pictures, and not being overly familiar with Zyn, I'm not even sure,
which page is for which synthesis engine at a glance.

I do like the preset browser, though. I think every synth or effect
software should have great preset managemen built in.

Chris