Re: [LAU] Soundcraft Signature 22 MTK mixer/interface

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 02 2016 - 00:08:35 EEST

On Sun, 1 May 2016 12:59:19 -0400
Robert Edge <thumbknucklerocks@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I dunno man, I've mixed a few hundred shows on boards ranging from this
> sort of a thing up to fancy Midas/Yamaha/Crest gear. The lack of inserts
> would be a deal breaker for me and anyone else who has ever needed to put a
> gate on the kick drum at the local rock bar. Or a compressor on the bass
> or snare, or some dedicated processing on the lead vocal. These are the
> sorts of things people are doing every day on gear just like this.

No doubt such treatment is needed. This board pushes the user to do this
with a computer rather than with discrete outboard gear. It's a good
approach for me as I have no external effects anyway.

> Do the 2 aux's that are routed to the effects also have analog outs or are
> you stuck with whatever is built in? That would probably be a deal breaker
> as well.

The 2 FX aux's have 1/4" TRS outs. Use of the FX is not required, they can
just be regular aux channels if desired.