Re: [LAU] Tilt EQ

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed May 04 2016 - 21:19:13 EEST

On Wed, 4 May 2016 18:05:51 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 07:22:28PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> Perhaps this picture explains enough:
>>
>> http://www.tonelux.com/images/tilt%20eq%20sm.jpg
>
>That's just a shelf filter and some gain.
>
>Ciao,

;D

I always praises you parametric EQ :). Last time I did it, was today at
the Ubuntu Studio devel mailing list :). I guess we should consider to
write a wiki about parametric and graphic EQs. There seems to be a lack
of understanding how EQs work and what they are able to do. One very
important point seems to be the Q parameter of parametric EQs. When I
switched from analog mixing consoles to digital DAWs for my home studio
the most annoying pain was (and still is) EQs. Nowadays
counterproductive usage of compressors and EQs seems to be common.