Re: [LAU] MIDI-Controller for Ardour

From: Michael Jarosch <riotsound@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 12 2016 - 11:38:55 EEST

Am Mittwoch, den 11.05.2016, 14:24 -0400 schrieb Paul Davis:
> The big problem with the Mackie Control protocol is that it only
> allows 8 channels per MIDI port, so if you want to build up a more
> serious size console, you need several device connected via multiple
> MIDI ports, or a bigger device connected by >1 MIDI port.
Best thing would be if I could control all the 24 channels of my HDSP
9652. (I don't use the S/P-DIF.)
Really, just 8 channels with the MCU? Doesn't it have pages to flip
through?

> > Is there a manufacturer that offers Linux Software for (better/easier)
> >
> > configuration?> > The configuration is all in Ardour, and has basically nothing to do
> with Linux at all.

I finally found the url I was looking for:
http://manual.ardour.org/using-control-surfaces/midi-binding-maps/
"At this time, these binding maps need to be created with a text
editor.
  Currently, we have presets for:

 * Behringer BCF 2000

 * Korg_nanoKONTROL

 * M-Audio Oxygen 8 v2

 * Roland SI-24

 * Behringer DDX3216

 * M-Audio Axiom 25"
Oh! The MCU (Pro) isn't there at all. Does it only work with the Mackie
Control Protocol?
I have a Behringer BCF 2000, but I was looking for a device with more
features and higher quality (the motor-faders are quite loud).
Does anyone has experiences with another device?
Greets!
And thanks, by the way, for the fast answering!
Mitsch