Re: [LAU] Isao Tomita, synthesizer music

From: S D <stephen.doonan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 12 2016 - 20:29:10 EEST

On May 12, 2016 10:28 AM, "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> So this album
> and of course https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxNnqTcHhg were more
> popular among my generation

Oh gosh. "Popcorn" from "Music to Moog By," composed by Gershon Kingsley
(later "covered" or adapted by other people including J. M. Jarre)--

https://youtu.be/oYTu__hhMws

I bought that album and "The Plastic Cow Goes Moog," by Mike Melvoin--

https://youtu.be/DQZ42I1-gc8

The Moog synthesizer was such a rage back then after Wendy (was Walter)
Carlos's "Switched On Bach" came out (I had to buy a copy immediately), and
as a new electronic instrument was completely out of economic reach of most
musicians.

Such good memories. :-)

https://stephendoonan.bandcamp.com
https://m.soundcloud.com/stephen-c-doonan