Re: [LAU] Isao Tomita, synthesizer music

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 13 2016 - 15:30:41 EEST

On Fri, 13 May 2016 06:31:32 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> The first band I played guitar, it were already the 80s, we first had a
> single Moog https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moog_Concertmate_MG-1

A fun fact - in the US, the MG-1 was sold by the big (at the time) electronics
retailer Radio Shack under their Realistic line. I had one given to me in
the mid-80s by a friend, and it went to my nephew who used it in his band.
They had a fight over it one day when someone changed some settings and they
could not recreate some sound they liked! It came back to me after my
nephew passed and then went to my son's band, who embraced it and even gave
it its own Facebook page. Long live the MG-1!