Re: [LAU] #musicmadewitlinux - Arctic Auscultate

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 27 2016 - 08:47:06 EEST

On Fri, May 27, 2016 8:41 am, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2016 06:28:40 +1000 (EST)
> "Patrick Shirkey" <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Some of you might enjoy this downtempo track which has a selection of
>> samples taken from archival material recorded in the Arctic ocean
>> over 30 years ago.
>
>> https://youtu.be/RC82Xu5Al6w
>
> I don't understand why this is categorized as 'downtempo' since it has
> no tempo whatsoever. It is a collage of ambient files, if it is not one
> single sample file.

I did point out that the track uses historical archive footage. I suppose
it is a backhanded compliment that you cannot discern any obvious edits
and it all sounds like one recording.

Maybe I could have called it "NO tempo" track but then someone else would
point out that the Jarre inspired soundscape meandering through the
background was obviously composed to a specific tempo so I would be
pissing them off instead.

There is just no way to please everyone on this list...

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd