Re: [LAU] realtime priority - FIFO vs Round Robin and scheduling

From: Neil C Smith <neilcsmith.net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 27 2016 - 11:32:14 EEST

Hi,

On 27 May 2016 at 08:26, Luka Prinčič / Nova deViator <nova@deviator.si> wrote:
> when sending MIDI to SuperCollider which converts that to OSC and
> sends that to Processing it just stutters intolerably from time to
> time.

While it's probably not the cause of your issue, I'm interested why
you're sending the data destined for Processing through SuperCollider
to convert it into OSC rather than communicating with Processing
directly? Or is SuperCollider also transforming the data aimed at the
visual side?

Incidentally (and of course I'm biased :-) ) you should check out
Praxis LIVE for working with Processing in a live scenario -
www.praxislive.org / https://youtu.be/c1rI6_Lg3eQ

Best wishes,

Neil

--