Re: [LAU] realtime priority - FIFO vs Round Robin and scheduling

From: Luka Prinčič / Nova deViator <nova@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 27 2016 - 19:53:46 EEST

Neil C Smith <neilcsmith.net@email-addr-hidden>:
> While it's probably not the cause of your issue, I'm interested why
> you're sending the data destined for Processing through SuperCollider
> to convert it into OSC rather than communicating with Processing
> directly? Or is SuperCollider also transforming the data aimed at the
> visual side?

the main reason for that is/was that Renoise is unable to send any
decent OSC. there's a 'tool' in Renoise for that but it's missing to
send some OSC (skipping) - at least at the time it just wasn't working
correctly (didn't check the recent versions of Renoise for that -
there's been some changes in the Lua API i think.

another reason was that at first i was using two computers - one for
audio and the other for video. but that produced glitches too the
moment i was sending stuff via network
(Renoise midi -> SuperCollider OSC -> network -> Processing)

also, i'm interested in writing stuff in SuperCollider (including GUIs
used on a big touch screen).

i guess i need first to compile a decent proper RT kernel. will my
NVidia drivers work with that?

> Incidentally (and of course I'm biased :-) ) you should check out
> Praxis LIVE for working with Processing in a live scenario -
> www.praxislive.org / https://youtu.be/c1rI6_Lg3eQ

very interesting. checking it out!

Luka Prinčič / Nova deViator // + 386-40-66-77-98 / http://deviator.si /