Re: [LAU] Linkedin - Out

From: <cbannister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 17 2016 - 15:23:08 EEST

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 12:26:19PM +0200, Set Hallstrom wrote:
> The existing data is begging to be abused. It would take Hitler2.0 five
> minutes to get the list of his potential detractors via facebook. Will
> that happen? I don't know, but the potential is there. Will i be safe
> without a facebook? Probably not... Hitler2.0 will go after the 16 guys
> who have no facebook first since they gotta be suspicious.

How is she/he going to correlate whether you're not on facebook?
By going through all the ones who are on facebook and comparing it
to the overall population?

Hint: It'll be way more than 16 people, I can think of at least
5 people *I know* who are not on facebook ...

Didn't Hitler 1.0 use the Polish census data initially?
(Census data would be a lot more accurate than what someone
feels like lying about on facebook.)

--
The media's the most powerful entity on earth.
They have the power to make the innocent guilty