Re: [LAU] Linkedin - Out

From: Set Hallstrom <public@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 18 2016 - 15:41:24 EEST

On 2016-06-17 14:23, cbannister@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Hint: It'll be way more than 16 people, I can think of at least
> 5 people *I know* who are not on facebook ..

Well, as soon as someone uploads a foto of these 5 people their facial
recognition data is linked in the graph. Every time i give my phone
number to someone who's agreed to let facebook upload its contacts to
the database, i'm a linked to them in the graph. Being "on" facebook
reaches far beyond opening an account.

There might be a non-human readable name attached to my facebook ID, all
that prevents someone from abusing that data (translate my non-human
readable ID to my real name) are moral-barriers.

On 2016-06-16 23:21, worik wrote:
> We all should be very parsimonious with what data we
> share on social networks (Facebook do not now my correct age, what
> gender I am or where I live).

We should indeed, however, it is very hard to have control over the data
available about us without being totaly off-grid. Using the existing
tools to process meta-data, any anonymous communication-medium that has
been connected to 10 different identified communication medium, it is
possible to deduce with very high accuracy who is behind the anonymous
medium. That is to say, inputting inaccurate data in your facebook
profile is good for fooling your entourage, not so much for fooling the
system.

--
Set Sakrecoer