Re: [LAU] Piano composition - Lost Isle

From: S D <stephen.doonan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 24 2016 - 03:13:46 EEST

On Jun 23, 2016 5:49 PM, "jonetsu@email-addr-hidden" <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> How do you run Pianoteq in Linux ? I mean, any special settings in
> Wine, or is it through carla ? I'm not familiar with Windows audio
> plugins in Linux, hence my asking.

Pianoteq runs natively in Linux. Wine is not necessary. In addition,
Pianoteq provides both a standalone program that you can launch
independently with an extremely well-thought-out user interface, extremely
versatile and stable configuration options, and the native ability to use
Alsa or Jack in linux, or connect to the sound card directly (I use an
external Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB connected audio/MIDI input device), and
also provides a native linux LV2 plugin version of Pianoteq complete with
full featured GUI for use with Ardour or any application that makes use of
LV2 plugins.

Pianoteq is a dream for Linux users. I was shocked at how easy it was to
use, easy to configure, and how rock-solid stable it has been. I am very
impressed with the Pianoteq developers' extremely thoughtful and rich
feature set and extensive configurability of Pianoteq's behavior and its
various instruments.

So, if the preceeding words did not make it obvious, I am a huge fan of
Pianoteq. I would also like to give a shoutout and recommendation for Robin
Gareus's excellent Hammond B3 organ virtual instrument, SetBFree.

-Steve