Re: [LAU] qtractor behavior -- tempo map

From: tom haddington <meshugga42@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 25 2016 - 13:13:13 EEST

> ps. just tried to reproduce the same tempo-map the one depected on the
> screenshots and keep watch ing on waiting it suddenly gets to the
> vanishing glitch, to no avail must say. may i ask now when exactly does
> the misfortuned change occurs? iow. what steps are in betwwen 1st
> (before) and 2nd (after) screenshots?

Hello, Rui!

Here is the original tempo map:

ms. 1: 3/4
ms. 2: 4/4
ms. 4: 2/4
ms. 5: 5/4

That's it. The loop is only five measures long at 138 bpm. i ran the
loop 50 times to document changes in the tempo map. i did this three
times, exiting and restarting qtractor each time.

First time:
During 15th repeat, ms. 4 changed to 4/4
During 30th repeat, ms. 5 changed to 4/4
During 34th repeat, mss. 2 and 3 changed to 3/4
During 38th repeat, ms. 4 changed to 4/4
During 47th repeat, ms. 5 changed to 3/4

Second time:
During 4th repeat, ms.5 changed to 2/4
During 17th repeat, mss. 2 and 3 changed to 3/4

Third time:
During 37th repeat, ms. 5 changed to 2/4

It may be useful to know that after the initial change to the tempo
map, qtractor marks the file as [modified] and asks me whether or not
i want to save the changes before closing the program.

i hope this helps, Rui. Take care.
il lupo