Re: [LAU] qtractor behavior -- tempo map

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 25 2016 - 13:54:51 EEST

hi Tom,

thanks for your efforts so far.

On 06/25/2016 11:13 AM, tom haddington wrote:
> Here is the original tempo map:
>
> ms. 1: 3/4
> ms. 2: 4/4
> ms. 4: 2/4
> ms. 5: 5/4
>
> That's it. The loop is only five measures long at 138 bpm. i ran the
> loop 50 times to document changes in the tempo map. i did this three
> times, exiting and restarting qtractor each time.
>
> First time:
> During 15th repeat, ms. 4 changed to 4/4
> During 30th repeat, ms. 5 changed to 4/4
> During 34th repeat, mss. 2 and 3 changed to 3/4
> During 38th repeat, ms. 4 changed to 4/4
> During 47th repeat, ms. 5 changed to 3/4
>
> Second time:
> During 4th repeat, ms.5 changed to 2/4
> During 17th repeat, mss. 2 and 3 changed to 3/4
>
> Third time:
> During 37th repeat, ms. 5 changed to 2/4
>
> It may be useful to know that after the initial change to the tempo
> map, qtractor marks the file as [modified] and asks me whether or not
> i want to save the changes before closing the program.
>
> i hope this helps, Rui. Take care.--

wha? so the tempo/time-signature map changes randomly while during
(loop) playback is rolling?

it must be something else telling it so! could it be you have some other
jack application which is confusing qtractor with a fixed 4/4
time-signatures whenever it "feels like"? :)

check that out by turning jack transport and/or midi clock input options
off, in View/Options.../General/Transport mode and/or .../MIDI/MIDI
Clock resp. to "None". and try again.

hth.
cheers

--