Re: [LAU] Piano composition - Lost Isle (& LV2 plugins)

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 25 2016 - 14:58:24 EEST

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 06:46:37 -0400
"jonetsu@email-addr-hidden" <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 05:19:22 +0200
> fred <f.rech@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > Maybe you have something to say about the fashion to tune A to 442 Hz?
>
> Er, that would be 432Hz. The 'universal' frequency. See on youtube,
> there are tons of adaptations, from Mozart, Chopin, Beethoven to native
> american indians, to Phil Collins, David Bowie and Rammstein. Including
> of course the mandatory 'om' chants and reggae music
>
> Maybe one of these days I'll try tuning everything down to 432Hz.
>
> Interestingly enough, 440Hz was adopted relatively recently.

As a matter of interest, when I was a wee lad, we had an old wood-framed piano
at home. This couldn't be tuned to 'modern' concert pitch and hanging on a hook
inside was a tuning fork marked 'C' 256 c/s (cycles per second). The keys were
genuine ivory, quite yellowed with age, and well worn too, with finger shaped
groves in the front lip of the most played ones.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk