Re: [LAU] [Music] The Silver Walks

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 29 2016 - 21:03:28 EEST

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 19:43:34 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> Composing note by note is the only way, because a musician wants to
> play within a scale, but also to borrow notes from another scale.

The natural way for me is simply to not know about scales so much to
start with. Then I can play anything and see if it sounds good. After
playing against a backdrop for some time, a pattern are made. Those
notes sounds good. OK. Now, in which time slice would it be possible
to get out of this pattern of notes and venture a note that could sound
otherwise not so good ? And in doing so, what possible emotional draw
can it have ?

This is good for everything. I use the same approach on guitar,
keyboard, acoustic bass.