Re: [LAU] [Music] The Silver Walks

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Jul 29 2016 - 21:21:23 EEST

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 14:03:28 -0400, jonetsu@teksavvy.com wrote:
>On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 19:43:34 +0200
>Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
>> Composing note by note is the only way, because a musician wants to
>> play within a scale, but also to borrow notes from another scale.
>
>The natural way for me is simply to not know about scales so much to
>start with.

Nothing better could happen to a musician ;). Unfortunately, if we
become older and older and older, we know too much about music theory
and start to question our ideas, using idiotic valuations. Be happy not
to be a German, we differ between "serious music" and "entertainment
music", AFAIK we are the only nation with this neurosis. Perhaps I'm
mistaken.

:D

I once read that Paco de LucĂ­a never heard about scales before he
played with Al Di Meola and John McLaughlin. I own this disgusting first
release of "Friday Night in San Francisco". To know what a scale is,
not necessarily is something good, as demonstrated by "Friday Night in
San Francisco", one of the most disgusting recordings I ever bought,
when I was young :).