Re: [LAU] [Music] The Silver Walks

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 29 2016 - 21:22:33 EEST

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 13:28:04 -0400
Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Buy yourself an Ableton Push 2. You can use it today with Bitwig, and
> next month with Ardour 5. Use it in "in-key" mode and every note you
> hit will be in key. It is like magic! :)

About Ardour 5: I suspect that the Bitwig guys came up with an
improvement over Ableton. I do not know Ableton at all, but this is
what I read between the lines here and there. What I mean by this is,
perhaps it could be a forward statement for upcoming Ardour
functionality to compare with what Bitwig does. The X-Y Clip Launcher
for instance is quite something, with the X axis extending, so to
speak, into the Arranger where ideas can be refined.

I reckon Ardour's metaphor is track-based. But wouldn't be possible to
add very creative, flexible, tools/interfaces to it ?

Really, the best of everything would happen if such flexibility in
creation could be materialized, say, in Mixbus 32C. That would be
quite awesome, combining both recording quality and flexible creation
capabilities. That would also make a strong market statement as a
product.

Cheers.