Re: [LAU] Secret (for a song)

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 13 2016 - 11:59:13 EEST

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 12:12:30PM +1000, Roger wrote:

> On 13/08/16 04:58, Philip Yassin wrote:
>
> >PS - if more and more people keep telling me that the lead voice
> >is too low, I'm going to be forced to do something about it. The
> >problem is that this very vocal take is a bit crappy (I just don't
> >sing it really good) and if I crank it even a notch, this will
> >show :|
>
> I don't think the vocals are too low and the vocal performance
> sounds good to me.

Maybe the vocal could need just a little bit more, it would help
to understand the lyrics. But it shouldn't really be in the
foreground. Don't worry about the vocal performance. With this
solid backing which sets the atmosphere, this song could work
even with just a spoken vocal (think Serge Gainsbourg).

Ciao,

--
FA