Re: [LAU] Audio interface for newbies ?

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 27 2016 - 00:51:25 EEST

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 22:50:27 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 16:29:01 -0400, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> >Looks more and more like replacing the caps on the 1010LT

> Is there any rational reason for replacing caps? What caps do you want
> to replace for what reason? It's true that electrolytic capacitors dry
> out and that the oxide coating gets reduces, if a device isn't used
> for a long time. If it's used regularly, they could dry out, too, but
> not that fast . Again, what makes you think that the issue is caused
> by dry out capacitors? Why isn't it happening all the times, if the
> capacitors are dried out? IMO there's no evidence that the capacitors
> could be the cause for the trouble. And again, capacitors on the sound
> card for what function? Replacing caps based on guessing, related on
> half-truths?

It's all about 432Hz, the universal frequency. That is THE truth.

Universe aside, as I've written "if it turns out to be the problem",
caps would not fail immediately. There would be a transition time I
think. Or then maybe not. Got the idea manly from Tim here, although
I thought about it.

I still keep an eye on Bitwig. Every time it happens Bitwig runs.
Might not be playing something at that time, but it runs. I should do
a test and find something to do on Ardour/Mixbus only for the same
length of time, possibly without using any pulseaudio application at
all like firefox/Opera or vlc. The latter would not be so easy as I'm
following lessons these days.

Fazit, there is still no conclusion.