Re: [LAU] LADSPA Plugins from ALSA,would like some help, please !

From: Tweed <tweed@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 07 2016 - 21:26:34 EEST

On 09/07/16 13:51, Tweed wrote:
> On 09/07/16 13:48, Tweed wrote:
>> On 09/07/16 12:06, bricolodu wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Thank you for the answers, I was feeling a little bit alone !
>>>
>>> Well, Chris, Let me try to answer, It is a kind of a challenge to work with
>>> a 2" speaker and try to get bass, that is why I tried it.
>>>
>>> May be you are right I will never succeed. But Bose SoundLink mini is not so
>>> bad at this game.
>>> It is one of the only Bose mass market product that is musical.
>>> My challenge is to have a better system, I don't think I have succeeded yet,
>>> although I don't have a Bose Soundlink mini to compare with.
>>>
>>> Ok, that said, after a little time spent with the settings, I'm just able to
>>> have more Boom Boom like a bad sono from the 80's. I could decrease the
>>> settings though.
>>>
>>> I recognised that I hoped for something else...
>>> By the way according to the box my 2" speaker is in, without any settings, I
>>> can go down to less than 60 Hz ! But then, the size of the box is too big,
>>> around 5L and I want 0.5L !
>>>
>>> Now,there is something I didn't understand in your point:
>>> /you are trying to give the impression of more bass by adding
>>> distortion? / YES
>>>
>>> /I think that trick works best when the speaker system can get down to
>>> within one octave of full bass response, so down to below 80Hz for sure, /
>>> It is the case with the 5L box, I can even listen to 30 Hz although
>>> attenuated !
>>>
>>> /and you have to be careful to not apply enough distortion that everything
>>> sounds worse./ Right, just boom boom like a sono
>>>
>>> /You may also need something like a speaker crossover, where
>>> only frequencies below the bass cutoff of the speaker system are sent to
>>> the distortion circuit,/
>>> This is what I'm doing, a low pass that cuts everything above 200 Hz first.
>>>
>>> /then the output of that goes through a high pass to get rid of the low
>>> frequencies which cannot be reproduced by the speaker, / Why ? To lower
>>> distortion ? What cut-off Frequency ? It will be very limited if I use the
>>> 0.5L box, the natural cutoff frequency of the box is around 150 Hz.
>>>
>>> /and the harmonics added back in to the original source to create the
>>> illusion. /
>>> This is what I'm doing.
>>>
>>> Fons,
>>> /It's not clear what the OP wants to do: /
>>>
>>> /1. Create the impression of more bass by generating harmonics of the
>>> bass signals that the speaker can't reproduce, or
>>> / YES
>>> /2. Create a new bass signal one octave below the original one.
>>> NO, that is not what I'm trying to achieve.
>>> The latter would be pointless when using a 2" speaker./
>>>
>>> /The first can be done in a limited frequency range. If your speaker
>>> goes down to 120 Hz or so you can get the impression of lower bass
>>> *by generating enough harmonics (both even and odd) of the 50..120Hz
>>> range. *If the speaker cuts of at 250 Hz or so then just forget it,
> [...]

maybe:

split signal into 3 signals to be recombined.

1. highpassed. 2. lowpass >> generate 1st and 2nd harmonics to create
resultant. 3. low pass phase invert to cancel 2's 'fundamental'.

recombine.

but not sure if null summing the lowpass negates the generated resultant
(if that part even works).

--
www.the-temp-agency.com/lollipop-factory