Re: [LAU] Writing midi events via Alsa/Jack

From: Ffanci Silvain <silvain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 08 2016 - 22:28:01 EEST

Bill Purvis, Sep 8 2016:
> Anyone with enough knowhow of programming the ALSA interfaces willing to sort
> out my problem?
No, but for testing purposes, you can try it in a terminal:
aconnect -li
aconnect -lo
find your ports connect. Something like this will do:
(assuming your sequencer is client 128:0 and Yoshimi is 130:0)
aconnect 128:0 130:0
I think you can use names, but you have to quote them, if they contain spaces or other characters with special meaning to the shell.

Eventhough it's not what you asked for, I hope it will enabe you to have some immediate fun, until you solve your issue. :)

Ta-ta,

----
Ffanci
* Homepage: https://freeshell.de/~silvain