Re: [LAU] Music Made With Linux - Evergreen - I'll Get To You

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 08 2016 - 22:50:35 EEST

On Thu, 8 Sep 2016 09:01:43 -0700
"Glen MacArthur" <info@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

Hi,

>> Do you need any of the Presonus UI to work with the 192 ?

> Thanks for the comments, To be honest I've never even tried to work
> with 192, I'm a 44.1 guy all the way :). Perhaps other Presonus users
> could be more enlightening. It is a shame all the nice integrated
> channel dynamics UI goodies are locked away from Linux users :/
> > Do you need any of the Presonus UI to work with the 192 ?

Since I do not know the Presonus interfaces, I did a search when you
mentioned it and got the 192. Haven't checked back if that was the one
you actually mentioned :)

From your comment the interface works under Linux at the hardware
level, with possibly none of the preamps available. Is
that so (for the 1818SL that is) eg. the front knobs are not for the
preamps ?

Cheers.