Re: [LAU] yoshimi, zyn and Ardour

From: David Jones <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 18 2016 - 21:02:34 EEST

On Sep 18, 2016 07:49, jonetsu@teksavvy.com wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 07:38:01 -1000
> David Jones <gnome@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Except that you cannot see the contents of 2 different tabs
> > simultaneously.
>
> Many things can be accessed at the same time w/o needing to clutter the
> desk space with multiple windows.  To take a specific example to
> demonstrate: each wave of the 4 oscillators can be tweaked in their own
> GUI section. Then, when graphically adjusting the multiple segment
> envelope generator, is there a need to see the wave form for oscillator
> 3 ?  At the exact same time ?  I don't think so.  The OSC3 wave display
> is a click away and the user can switch easily between that and the MSEG
> graphic display, in a snap.

But tabs inside a single window completely remove the ability to see the contents of 2 different tabs entirely. So should that be needed anywhere - the option is not there at all.

In the Windows world, it's the difference in usability between Excel and Word. I prefer separate windows, you think it "clutter". I'm glad Zyn/Yoshimi thinks my way. ;)

David W. Jones
gnome@hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com