Re: [LAU] yoshimi, zyn and Ardour

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 19 2016 - 14:17:25 EEST

On 18/09/2016 17:51, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> I do not see any other application that uses multiple GUI windows that
> can benefit from being opened at the same time. Libreoffice might have
> some navigation popup but then, they can be incorporated into the main
> screen where they are easier to access.

In music-land, for example, the possibility to open an independent
matrix editor (a.k.a. 'piano roll' in certain applications), as an
independent window for multiple (sometimes many!) tracks is invaluable.
Here a single-window approach IMHO is a headache.

I can go into more details about why, on the sound-track composition
work-flow I went through recently to explain this if anyone is
interested to a more in-depth explanation.

Lorenzo.