Re: [LAU] Granular synthesis?

From: <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 27 2016 - 13:49:51 EEST

Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 22. September 2016, 22:51:35 CEST schrieb Daniel Swärd:
> Hi.
>
> Can anyone recommend something to use for granular synthesis? If
> possible, maybe a VST which runs on Linux.
>
> And I'm completely new to the topic as well. Any dos and don'ts?
>
> Cheers!

just because I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere in this thread or resources linked to by it, I want to mention Borderlands.

I stumbled over it a while ago and found it quite neat to play with; the current version is an iPad app it seems, but an older opensource version is available here:

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~carlsonc/256a/Borderlands/

The Readme file has all the docs to get you going. Here i have to run JACK to be able to use it, otherwise RTAudio cannot find an audio device or so it seems.

Cheers, Edgar