Re: [LAU] John Option: new song and new video

From: <info@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 30 2016 - 17:16:55 EEST

Hi, Haven't made my way to the song yet, will comment later... As far as the drumkits the AVL-Drumkits come in both SFZ and Hydrogen formats (Soundfont2 coming very soon). I don't know that anyone has ported Salamander to Hydrogen but it would not be a good idea because the beauty of the Salamander kit is it's 'round-robin' samples (ie different samples playing back at the same velocity) and Hydrogen doesn't support that although with some programming skill great results can be achieved without round robin samples as well. AVL Drumkits are here: http://www.bandshed.net/avldrumkits/ Now off to have a listen :) Glen ----- Original Message ----- From: "J. C." <julien@email-addr-hiddenl.upb.de> To:"Massimo Barbieri" <massimo@email-addr-hidden> Cc:"A list for linux audio users" <linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden> Sent:Thu, 29 Sep 2016 17:16:11 +0200 (CEST) Subject:Re: [LAU] John Option: new song and new video In Sep 29 A.D. 2016 Massimo Barbieri scripsit: ... > Here you can listen the single and see the video (made with kdenlive): > > https://youtu.be/6gm-3G-ZJmI Hey hey Massimo, this is really up front. So very energetic! I do love your bass sound, it works very well with the guitar. I just think it's regrettable that the drum sounds are rather weak. Have you considered things like the Salamander kit or samples from other free kits, like those released with AV Linux? I think they I not readily available for Hydrogen, but from my own experience porting things, it's not hard, it just requires some time. On the other hand, your choice sounded rather distinctive and I'm criticising something which you particularly like. Sorry then, there's no accounting for personal preferences. :) Nice recording, powerful mix. Thanks for sharing. Byebye, Jeanette ... _______________________________________________ Linux-audio-user mailing list Linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden.org http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user