[LAU] How to compile Ardour and ZynAddSubFX on Windows 64-bit

From: Jeremy Carter <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 03 2016 - 08:43:39 EEST

I've put together some detailed instructions for compiling my favourite
software, Ardour and ZynAddSubFX, on Windows. They are tested and working
on Windows 10 64-bit.

https://github.com/defcronyke/ardour/tree/win64-mingw-msys/mingw

https://github.com/defcronyke/zynaddsubfx/tree/win64-mingw64-msys2/doc/win64-mingw64-msys2

It's not easy as neither projects would build on Windows without patching
many files,
but I'm hoping these instructions will help Windows users as well as anyone
who's interested in adding better Windows support to these projects in the
future.

Let me know what you think of them, and if you try them, let me know if
they work for you.

Now enough documenting, it's time to actually use the software!

Regards,
Jeremy Carter