[LAU] file organization ?

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 14 2016 - 13:26:09 EEST

Greetings,

Recently I embarrassed myself by making and posting a piece that used
material created by another composer (fortunately a friendly one). When
notified of the issue I immediately withdrew the piece from circulation
and apparently all's well that ends well.

However, on reflection I find that I am a very disorganized person who
has amassed a huge number of soundfiles over the years. I've tried to
keep them organized, but I could really use a file manager dedicated to
managing soundfiles. I'd like to click on a file and see the kind of
information displayed by sfinfo and similar utilities. I'd also like to
see the file's metadata in the same display.

Does such a file manager exist ? How do you manage very large
collections of soundfiles ?

Best,

dp