Re: [LAU] The future of audio plugins ?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Oct 14 2016 - 20:44:35 EEST

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 19:27:07 +0200, Joël Krähemann wrote:
>If you want to do sound analyses you definitely need an effect chain
>and the ability to clone the audio data in order getting multiple
>results.

Hi Joël,

this is in reply to what of my statements?

The question is to what degree and for what purpose plugins should be
able to share data.

A given example mentions an audio track, an audio analysis recognises
that it is an vocal track and not a guitar track, in case the audio
engineer should be unable to distinguish a vocal track from a
guitar track and after the analysis is done, useful tools are
automatically added to the effect chain, with useful settings, I guess
the analysis tool will send data for useful settings to the plugins,
that is what the network is required for. For a vocal track e.g. the
very useful exciter gets added with some useful settings that fit to the
track and an EQ with some useful settings and two compressors with
useful settings, too. This is absurd! Let alone that nobody often would
use an exciter, useful settings are related to so many things, that an
analysis of a track does lead to nothing useful at all.

Regards,
Ralf