Re: [LAU] The future of audio plugins ?

From: fred <f.rech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 19 2016 - 06:19:52 EEST

Le 19/10/2016 01:25, jonetsu a écrit :
> On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 01:02:11 +0200
> Robin Gareus <robin@gareus.org> wrote:
>
>> User: Guys, give me the dire straits!
>> EQ: Hey Overdrive, I'll add the brightness if you add distortion.
>> Overdrive: I'm in, dude.
>> Reverb: I'll be your reverb and we'll sound like brothers in arms
>> EQ: Deal.
>> Overdrive: EQ, please engage that low-shelf of yours I'm a bit bassy
>> today. Picard: Make it so.
Is Picard that frozen food brand Robin? ;))
> Again, it is not about creating personalized tones so much. It is at
> the mixing stage, where hopefully, when the mixing engineer is on the
> payroll at $300 an hour (highly hypothetic), the decisions about the
> tones of the tune have been taken. By humans.
>
> At the mixing stage, to assist the mixing engineer.
What you need if you are paid $300/h is what is called a B.Boy in a studio:
the guy who goes to the "hardware plugins wall" and turns the buttons
for ya!
Optionnally, the same best boy will have done the coffee, and maybe
he have rolled those hilarous cigarettes!
>> Realistically it'll be a fixed set of plugin, the analysis tool has
>> pre-shared knowledge about the available DSP + parameter behavior and
>> it is trained (neural network, heuristics, presets,..) specifically
>> for those plugins.
> Yes, this is very likely how it will start to be known. At least it
> will not be part of a specific DAW, but as a plugin, will be OK for
> all DAWs out there.

Every plugin, AFAIK, can save presets. Are you trying to build
"meta-presets"
for a bunch of plugins presets Jonetsu? And are you willing those
meta-presets
to dynamically evolve, depending on audio tracks analysis, and having an
infinite option box
where you can check "type of music produced/ kind of sound desired/ loudness
to achieve/ signal - noise ratio/ track 17 is solo1 at 1:32/ track 18 is
solo2 at 2:45/
end of song is a 20" fade out/ not too much reverb except on female
choir/ etc..?

Am not sure it's a cool thing (especially for the $300/h guy)) that machines
could replace humans for all. More, as heard in some medias, it's kind
of danger...

Have fun, trying stuffs to give "life" to tracks!

--
Fred,