Re: [LAU] Generate "automagic" music videos with ffmpeg & friends

From: Yassin Philip <philcm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 20 2016 - 21:57:51 EEST

On 20/10/2016 17:00, jonetsu wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 14:33:19 +0100
> Yassin Philip <philcm@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> It would be nice to generate something in the vein of:
>
> http://erppy.co/
Now /that/ is trippy. Actually, there is a quite phantastic plugin that
does things like that, proM, in the DISTRHO package, put it on the
master bus and trip away (who knows the keys? How to set the resolution?
Is ther any documentation anywhere of this implementation? Not the
overwhelming one of the original engine
<http://www.promtools.org/prom6/nightly/doc/index.html?org/processmining/contexts/uitopia/annotations/Visualizer.html>)
unfortunately my machine is WAY out of the league that can render this
real-time AND encode the video on the fly ; but hey, something to
consider. Also reminds me that Devo released and interactive (? yes)
video of (the great) "What we do" song on youtube, but I couldn't see
this version for the same technical reasons... Must retrieve this.
> But then, maybe desktop-recording one of the music players' visuals and
> editing a tad could do it.

Yassin "xaccrocheur" Philip
http://manyrecords.com / http://yassinphilip.bitbucket.org