Re: [LAU] Real Time (this is the name of a song, actually :p)

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 25 2016 - 20:31:46 EEST

On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 16:57:21 +0100
Yassin Philip <philcm@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi Roger, hi *everyone*, thank you for your kind words and all, it
> means a lot ; It's not like you guys are deaf :) My quest for the
> perfect bass sound is still ongoing.
>
> Alright, here is well, a proposal of master. As usual, it's JAMin
> default preset, untouched.
>
> https://soundcloud.com/yassinphilip/real-time-master

The song is all right, there is nothing much to say about it except
that it's all right. Good base idea.

Have you considered a modulation at around 1:35+ ? This would take the
listener a bit elsewhere, to bring him/her back to the verse a bit
later. It would also be a nice opportunity to vary somewhat the
coloration. Something that would underline the 'real time' aspect.
Perhaps a staircase so that when it comes back to the verse, it comes
back with augmented arrangements (but not everything, save some for the
last part). In such a case the full delivery of instruments would not
be right from the beginning, to keep some in stock for later.

The cymbals sound out of place. At least when using headphones
(haven't tried on the monitors). A bit partly due to the timing I
think, but mostly because of their sound that does not seem to blend.

Again, good song.

Cheers.