Re: [LAU] Real Time (this is the name of a song, actually :p)

From: Yassin Philip <philcm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 27 2016 - 04:53:54 EEST

Hi everyone.

*Everything* has changed. The whole harmonics of the song. You know,
like that of a light machine gun, when the parts get atuned :)

https://soundcloud.com/yassinphilip/reel-time

Please enjoy it, it's pretty late here, but most of you guys are on the
other side of the world ; me, after 3 days working on that song, I /have
to/ listen to something else ;) nigh night

yPhil

On 25/10/2016 18:31, jonetsu wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 16:57:21 +0100
> Yassin Philip <philcm@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi Roger, hi *everyone*, thank you for your kind words and all, it
>> means a lot ; It's not like you guys are deaf :) My quest for the
>> perfect bass sound is still ongoing.
>>
>> Alright, here is well, a proposal of master. As usual, it's JAMin
>> default preset, untouched.
>>
>> https://soundcloud.com/yassinphilip/real-time-master
> The song is all right, there is nothing much to say about it except
> that it's all right. Good base idea.
>
> Have you considered a modulation at around 1:35+ ? This would take the
> listener a bit elsewhere, to bring him/her back to the verse a bit
> later. It would also be a nice opportunity to vary somewhat the
> coloration. Something that would underline the 'real time' aspect.
> Perhaps a staircase so that when it comes back to the verse, it comes
> back with augmented arrangements (but not everything, save some for the
> last part). In such a case the full delivery of instruments would not
> be right from the beginning, to keep some in stock for later.
>
> The cymbals sound out of place. At least when using headphones
> (haven't tried on the monitors). A bit partly due to the timing I
> think, but mostly because of their sound that does not seem to blend.
>
> Again, good song.
>
> Cheers.

Yassin "xaccrocheur" Philip
http://manyrecords.com / http://yassinphilip.bitbucket.org