Re: [LAU] Mixbus 32C (based on Ardour) and Reaper shootout

From: Robert Edge <thumbknucklerocks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 28 2016 - 16:30:07 EEST

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 4:15 AM, Thorsten Wilms <self@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

Let's take the original apart to help with reading comprehension:

> Harrison Mixbus 32C ... incorporates at the mixing stage the 32C channel
> strip. The 32C channel strip that was used to make famous recordings by ...

But it doesn't.

The original Mixbus claimed to have the same EQ algorithms as the large
format digital Harrison consoles.

The Harrison 32C was an ANALOG console, Mixbus 32C has an EMULATION of the
analog channel EQ.

Maybe it's a fantastic emulation. Maybe people can't tell them apart in a
double blind test. I have no idea, but it is NOT the same channel strip.

I've heard enough Line 6 products mixing live bands to be skeptical of
emulations in general.