Re: [LAU] Mixbus 32C (based on Ardour) and Reaper shootout

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Oct 28 2016 - 18:20:43 EEST

Perhaps the digital mixers already emulated the analog mixers ;D.

However, there's nothing wrong with comparing DAWs. I didn't follow the
link, so I don't know how they do the comparison.

IMO its just important to keep in mind, that at least most, if not all
of the mentioned artists' successful music productions were _not_
produced with any DAW at all.

There are good and bad EQs etc. available for all DAWs, the work-flow
has much to do with how good or bad remote mixers and remote transport
knobs and wheels are supported, from the cheapest to the most
expensive. The sound results have much to do with the available sound
card and the engineer's skills.

To mention that a vendor from the old analog ages produced gear that
was used by artists of this time does mean absolutely nothing. Those
artists couldn't use analog gear from Reaper, it didn't exist and much
more important, they didn't use a virtual mixing console from Harrison,
they or their engineers used something completely different, a bundle,
a real console, not just parts of the console.

Regards,
Ralf