Re: [LAU] Look ma, I'm in the paper :)

From: Massimo Barbieri <massimo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 01 2016 - 17:27:45 EET

Il 01/11/2016 14:54, jonetsu ha scritto:
>> Can you use proprietary software without any limits? Can you study the
>> > source code of a proprietary software? Can you modify the proprietary
>> > software? Can you redistribute proprietary software?
> 1) Yes.

Hi Jonetsu,

in most cases you have to pay to use proprietary software. I'm pretty
sure that this could be considered a limit ;-)

For the other 3 points you answered (more or less) "No, I don't care",
...but I care!

My questions come from the free software definition published by the
Free Software Foundation in 1986 and if, after 30 years the definition
is still there, I think that we can say that free software and
proprietary software are different.

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Ciao,
Max